First One In 2017

robinwithinsect

I just looked out the window and saw the first robin I have seen this year. These pictures were taken last summer. I posted them because the robin I just spotted would not get out of the shade and where I could get a good picture it is also cloudy today.

tofeedbabies

In this shot the robin was just below the nest of babies and was headed to feed them.

I am so ready for all the colors and beauty of spring. I have even started on a bit of spring cleaning, can’t say I have done a lot in that area as yet but I will pick up steam and get more done eventually.

Spring is my favorite season of the year although there is something about all four seasons that I like and enjoy. For some unknown reason I have more energy do more and go more in the spring than any other time of the year I guess that is why I like it the best.

The order in which I like the seasons are…

1. Spring
  2. Fall
  3. Winter
  4. Summer

Which is your favorite season and how would you put them in order as to how you like them?

13 thoughts on “First One In 2017

1. Nylabluesmum 03/02/2017 / 11:53 am

I think the Robins will be with you for a while longer as it is snowing up here….which is fine.
    My fave season used be Winter (but as I get so ill now, I have had a rethink!)
    NOW my fave season is Autumn; then Spring; then Winter an last Summer…..I despise humidity!
    (((hugs))) Sherri-Ellen

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 03/04/2017 / 1:34 pm

Robins stay here in AR year round but I don’t see them much but in spring and summer. I am with you on humidity…hate it. Hugs

• Nylabluesmum 03/06/2017 / 2:01 pm

Seems most of us no loner ‘love’ Winter so much, lol 🙂

2. lorriebowden 02/27/2017 / 3:04 pm

Ah!! The first robin!! I miss that in the south…I don’t think I ever see Robin’s here…but then we see so many other awesome birds 🙂
    Here’s my order…summer…summer…summer…spring! 😉
    Sweet blessings♡

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 03/04/2017 / 1:42 pm

I am glad you have lots of beautiful birds to enjoy watching. I would love summer a whole lot if not for the humidity here….it is awful in the summer.

3. chardixon47 02/25/2017 / 7:30 pm

Beautiful pics, Sis 🙂 I love Spring, Summer, Fall, and last but not least, Old Man Winter. I hate to be cold so I’m sticking with the warm seasons first-LOL

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 03/04/2017 / 1:35 pm

I don’t like the cold either and if not for the humidity I would like summer more.

4. ianscyberspace 02/25/2017 / 3:21 pm

I struggle with extremes now so it would probably be Spring, Autumn, summer and winter for me.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 03/04/2017 / 1:41 pm

Me too now that I am getting older summer and winter are not always kind to me. I understand what you are saying for sure. Hope you are doing better my sweet friend.

5. Jem's Rant 02/24/2017 / 4:34 pm

I truly love robins. We have not seen one yet this year. We did see a couple of doves the other day.

As for the seasons in preferential order, having seasonal allergies, as well as living in tornado alley, my preferences are subjective. I love all the newness of Spring, but the joy is shattered many times by ominous weather.

1. Summer
    2. Fall
    3. Winter
    4. Spring

Great pictures!

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 03/04/2017 / 1:37 pm

I can well understand why spring is now your last choice. I don’t like it either that the weather has become so ominous there. I hope this year begins a new trend and you have nice calm weather.

6. martyb007 02/24/2017 / 4:00 pm

Hi Maggie, i love spring also and summer last because of the high temps.

Robins have been here all year and at times hundreds out there in the field pulling up those worms.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 03/04/2017 / 1:39 pm

The humidity is what I don’t like about summer. Robins stay here all year too but I don’t see them much in the winter and not many in the fall. You must have a good supply of worms in the field. It would be amazing to see that many robins together at one time.

Comments are closed.