They Came To Steal And Succeeded

crowinasion

The robin that was nesting under my carport disappeared from her nest day before yesterday. I have not seen her or any other robins in my yard since then.

crowinvasion2

Yesterday afternoon I found an empty house finch nest in the backyard. I have only seen one bird today in my yard…a bluejay.

I am quite sure these huge crows that I took pictures of last year are the thieves. They have been back this year staying in a tree in the neighbor’s yard making lots of noise. Last year I saw one of them steal the last baby robin from the nest, the other three had fledged.

Now the crows are gone so I am assuming they have stolen all the eggs and or babies from my yard. I know it is natural for them to do that but it still makes me very sad. I was looking forward to seeing all those baby birds.

13 thoughts on “They Came To Steal And Succeeded

1. Tiny 04/19/2017 / 4:50 pm

I feel so sad too reading about these thieves…nature’s ways are not always to our liking. Sometimes I hope we could protect those baby birds, but that is beyond us.

2. Sarah Ferguson and Choppy 04/19/2017 / 10:09 am

Nature does seem cruel sometimes. At my old house, the sparrows were very nasty to each other – I saw them gang up and kill another sparrow one day outside my office. They seem so little and cute!

3. Arkansas Patti 04/19/2017 / 9:34 am

Sometimes it is hard to understand nature.

4. Madsnapper 04/19/2017 / 8:11 am

our cardinals are the first birds in our yard in a year, out predator was the hawk, he ate all the bird sand all the squirrels. for the first time ever we are squirrelsess

5. Tamago 04/19/2017 / 6:20 am

Oh that’s sad 😦 I hope robins will come back and nest, and hopefully they find safer spot.

6. DailyMusings 04/19/2017 / 5:11 am

So sad- I hope some will return and try again to build nests.

7. ianscyberspace 04/19/2017 / 1:36 am

Crows are very intelligent, and they know how to get what they want too. lol.

8. Brian 04/18/2017 / 7:11 pm

Oh how we hate it when something like that happens and it makes us all very sad too.

9. teelee2013 04/18/2017 / 3:24 pm

Aww shucks. Mother Nature can be so very cruel sometimes. So sorry, but I’m pretty sure you are correct in your assumptions.

10. marystreasurechest 04/18/2017 / 3:19 pm

Oh how very sad. To the wildlife its natural, but for us it seems so cruel. Hope the Robins come back to nest again and be safe.

11. chardixon47 04/18/2017 / 2:56 pm

So sorry, Sis. Crows are bold, brash, and sneaky thieves. I realize this is Mother Nature’s way of population control, but it still breaks my heart 😦 The birds have been very active around here. Hawks are always circling for a meal. There is an owl that visits and hoots right outside my bedroom window. I watch them all, but get stressed when the predators come calling. I pray you will have another family of babies. Hugs and love ❤

12. martyb007 04/18/2017 / 2:14 pm

Aww thats too bad Maggie. Hopefully they will return for another nesting.

Thank you for stopping by and if you took the time to let me know you were here it is greatly appreciated. Hugs

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s