The Take Over

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For awhile we had these visitors one stayed at our place more than at home. The other one was only here occasionally.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This one would sit beneath the Bridal Wreath and just observe all that was going on in the yard.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

But this one was a different story. He claimed our yard as his own. He would chase Chancy around and give him a “smacky paw” if he was close enough to him.

One day Chancy barked for me to let him in but he would not come in when I opened the door. He was standing on the sidewalk looking at me as if to say…I need help. I told him to come on if he wanted in and he just kept looking at me with sad eyes. I told him again to come on that it was okay but he would not come in.

I was about to close the door and wait awhile before seeing again if Chancy would come in when out of the corner of my eye I saw something streak by me. I looked down and there was the cat. I scooped him up quickly, opened the door, held him up high and told Chancy to come on in…he was still standing on the sidewalk. He came in while I was holding the cat. I had no idea the cat was there, he was hidden beside the steps. After that day Chancy would not go out in the yard unless I went with him.

The cat also sat on our porch a lot, chased the squirrels and climbed the bird feeder pole in our yard. I use baffles so he could not get to the birds as they were eating but he sure tried a lot.  They have now moved and I am pretty sure Chancy is very happy about that.

24 thoughts on “The Take Over

1. Sarah Ferguson and Choppy 05/23/2017 / 11:47 am

Poor Chancy – I’m glad for both of you that these guys have moved on. It has to be a relief, particularly for Chancy!

2. LP 05/21/2017 / 7:34 pm

The cats are beautiful! BUT! It always exasperates our Mama when people insist that cats need to be outdoors but then turn a blind eye to the fact that their outdoor cat is causing problems for someone else!! Poor Chancy! Thankfully he has his yard back now 🙂

the critters in the cottage xo

3. Tiny 05/21/2017 / 2:36 pm

Poor Chancy…I am happy he is again the ruler of his own yard! He must have been wondering why the cat thought it owned the yard. I am happy it did not get to the birds! Hugs

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/21/2017 / 4:08 pm

I felt sorry for him, he looked so sad when he would see the cat in the yard. We too are happy he did not get to the birds. Hugs

4. lorriebowden 05/21/2017 / 9:17 am

I’m certain Chancy is happy!!! It amazes me, Maggie…there has always been this talk of dogs chasing cats…but my experience is the moment they chase those kitties and get swiped with those dang claws…they think twice about that urge!!! Hope you are shining brightly in love, dear heart ❤

5. ianscyberspace 05/20/2017 / 8:52 pm

Yes I don’t like to have a cat around the house any more. I hate it when I see a poor innocent bird in the cat’s cruel clutches.

6. Arkansas Patti 05/20/2017 / 3:16 pm

Smart Chancy. One on one between a cat and a dog, I’ll bet on the cat every time. One claw to the nose makes a believer out of most dogs. So glad Chancy has his yard back and is once again king.

7. Tamago 05/20/2017 / 2:30 pm

These kitties are gorgeous! Though, Chancy must be very happy now as he won’t get smacky paws any more 🙂

8. Nylabluesmum 05/20/2017 / 11:39 am

What a handsome cat he is but I can imagine his *smacky paw* put dear Chancy off…..
    Some cats are so odd; even I can’t figure them out!!!
    I am glad that the people moved with said cat so Chancy feels safe again.
    (((hugs))) Sherri-Ellen & **nose bumpsss*** Purrince Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=
    P.S.: it is GREAT to see TeeLee again…..I remember her from years ago!

9. teelee2013 05/19/2017 / 8:07 pm

Pretty cats! Beautiful. Had to giggle about Chauncy being so scared!

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/19/2017 / 8:17 pm

They are pretty cats. He don’t like those smacky paws…he found out they hurt.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/20/2017 / 2:02 pm

I found your blog again this morning and I am now following you again. Hugs

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/19/2017 / 8:23 pm

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my post. When I moved and changed my blog I lost contact with a lot of followers. I know longer can find your blog…if you see this I hope you will let me know how to get to your blog again. Hugs

10. Marty the Manx 05/19/2017 / 7:16 pm

Poor Chancy. It’s crazy how one can be fine and the other agressive.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/19/2017 / 8:18 pm

They are exact opposites. Chancy could go right by the one and it would not move.

11. Brian 05/19/2017 / 5:49 pm

Well, that was sure a mighty fine looking visitor even though Chancy doesn’t miss the visits!

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/19/2017 / 8:19 pm

They are both beautiful cats. The one sure caused disruptions around here though.

12. Madsnapper 05/19/2017 / 1:19 pm

the face on the one under the bush is just beautiful, but you can’t have ‘wild’ cats keeping chancy from his yard time. glad they moved on.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/19/2017 / 1:37 pm

It is a beautiful cat and it was sweet never bothered anything or anyone. It was the other one that gave us issues. The family lived there about 2 years but they only had the cats the last couple of months that they were there. I am glad of that.

13. chardixon47 05/19/2017 / 12:06 pm

Yep-you were invaded-LOL I can see Chancy Man gingerly venturing outside. Kitties are hunters and that bird feeder had all the right vittles coming around. I bet the two of you are happy to have your place back 😉

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 05/19/2017 / 12:33 pm

We are all very happy to have our place back. We understand kitties have to be kitties, but we would have preferred they be kitties in THEIR yard.

Thank you for stopping by and if you took the time to let me know you were here it is greatly appreciated. Hugs

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s