I Was Only Three And Don’t Remember

3yearsOld

In the photo I was only three and don’t remember, but I am pretty sure that is bread you can see in my hand. As far back as I can remember I have loved bread. My mother told me that when I was a little girl I would take out the center of a biscuit lay it aside, eat the top and bottom of the biscuit and after I finished eating my meal I put the center of the biscuit in the roof of my mouth and would suck on it all morning.

There are certain foods that I think are their very best with cornbread. Some sandwiches I like the bread toasted. I enjoy toast too, buttered, cinnamon or just plain dry toast at times. I like my biscuits thin and browned enough so that the bottom is crunchy. Hot rolls…now they are the cream of the crop for me. My sister makes the best hot rolls I have ever put in my mouth, I could eat a whole pan of them and call it a meal.

I bake biscuits and cornbread now and then but I never make hot rolls and rarely buy them. My will power with most things is pretty good but when it comes to bread and hot rolls especially those yummy rolls it is very easy for me to get out of control so I rarely make or buy bread of any kind.

If I had to eat the same thing every day I think I would be just fine with a nice chef’s salad, hot rolls and ice cream.

What would you choose to eat if you had to eat the same thing every day?

37 thoughts on “I Was Only Three And Don’t Remember

1. Dennis the Vizsla 06/22/2017 / 8:49 am

hello mags pooh and chancy its dennis the vizsla dog hay nice to meet yoo!!! hay i eet kibbel evry day and it is pritty gud so i gess i wil hav to go with that for wot i wood eet evry day!!! altho kannd fud is gud too!!! ha ha ok bye

2. lorriebowden 06/01/2017 / 5:19 pm

Without a doubt…pizza 😉

Or…anything with cheese…
    Or BREAD!!!!!
    Love to you Maggie 💜💜

3. Nylabluesmum 05/30/2017 / 7:00 pm

Maggie you were such a cutie & you know what? You still are!!!
    Hmmm the same 3 things for a meal…….pot roast with garlic mashed potatoes & ice cream for dessert with fresh raspberries……..**drooling**
    (((hugs))) Sherri-Ellen 🙂

4. angelswhisper2011 05/30/2017 / 2:30 am

What a cutie pie you were, Mags. We love the smell and the taste of furresh bread…well, Granny does, but it doesn’t make place for a daily pieceof chocolate 😀 I, on the other hand, prefer tuna on the list 😀 Pawkisses for a wonderful Day 🙂 ❤

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:35 pm

Mumsy loves chocolate but she is allergic to it. 😦

5. Julia Bourque 05/29/2017 / 1:26 pm

What a cutie girl you were Mags… I love fresh hot bread and rolls with lots or real butter. So, so yummy and the aroma that fills the kitchen is so pleasant. It brings memories of my childhood when my mom made fresh bread every day. We were a big family so I learned to make large batches of bread a the age of 8.

It’s hard for me to know what is my favorite food because I love so my different food but I think it’s mom’s homemade pizza. Oh so yummy.

Have a great Memorial Day.
    Hugs, Julia

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:38 pm

I bet your bread is yummy. I have never had homemade pizza but I am sure it is much better and more tasty than bought ones. Hugs

6. Katie Isabella 05/29/2017 / 6:20 am

Maybe an ear of buttered hot corn to go with that.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:40 pm

Oh, I loooove fresh sweet corn on the cob with butter running down my arms. lol

7. Katie Isabella 05/29/2017 / 6:20 am

Every day…hm….fried taters and onions with lots of black pepper and more salt than I should have. Snap beans cooked with fat back & cooked to death the way we from the South do. Add some tomato, a few circles of white onion or scallions instead and drizzle with a whisper of oil and vinegar…and pan fried chicken. Oh, and chicken gravy made with the pan scrapings and shortening left in the pan, too .

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:42 pm

I am a southern gal and have had many enjoyable meals like you speak of only with pinto beans or purple hull peas. Although I had many snap beans too. Yum, yum.

8. Tamago 05/26/2017 / 6:13 am

It’s such a lovely picture of you! I love bread, too!
    If I have to eat the same thing every day, I’d pick ice cream 🙂

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:53 pm

Ice cream is so yummy. I really love homemade ice cream.

9. meowmeowmans 05/25/2017 / 9:46 pm

What an adorable picture of you, Mags. That smile! 🙂

A salad and fresh bread sounds pretty delicious to me, too.

10. Arkansas Patti 05/25/2017 / 10:39 am

Such a happy cutie in that picture. I too love bread. My diet of choice would kill me in a few weeks but to live long and prosper, I’d choose a plant based diet. of Kale chips, carrot and raisin salad, brussel sprouts, a sweet potato and toasted cheese bread. Hum, think I just decided on lunch.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:55 pm

I like all that you have mentioned except I have not ever had Kale chips.

11. Madsnapper 05/25/2017 / 6:47 am

you have totally described my love of bread, I am just like you, even the crusty bottom and top of biscuits. I love all bread and rolls are my favorite and I never buy them but when we go to Golden Corral I eat TWO

12. ianscyberspace 05/25/2017 / 12:46 am

I love cornbread and any of the multigrain breads and a good thick piece toasted as a real delight. 🙂

13. Savannah's Paw Tracks 05/24/2017 / 11:50 pm

corn bread…sorry but that is my southern birth showing up. And I would add pinto beans and hammock to that cornbread…sigh

14. Tiny 05/24/2017 / 9:44 pm

What a lovely picture of you!! I am weak for bread too and therefore hardy ever buy or bake it. If I had to eat the same thing everyday, I would probably have a chicken alfredo pasta with lots of veggies and chicken, but little pasta 😁 And a fresh fruit salad.

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 2:59 pm

I like chicken alfredo with lots of veggies some pasta and just a wee bit of chicken. My dad made yummy fruit salads and I like them too.

15. Brian 05/24/2017 / 7:49 pm

We all do love the smell of bread baking, it’s hard to beat!

16. chardixon47 05/24/2017 / 6:09 pm

This is easy-pb&j-LOL I can’t get enough of that on some good white bread 🙂 I could also live on just crackers and milk. I like bread and my Mom could make the best rolls I’ve ever eaten. Some butter and honey and it was heaven on earth! You’ve reminded me of childhood delights, Sis. I ate ice cream later on in childhood and I found that to be the gold of all foods. Ice cream, especially lemon ice cream, is right up at the top 🙂 Thank you for sharing your memories-you’ve triggered some fab memories for me. Love and hugs ❤

• Mags Pooh and Chancy 06/03/2017 / 3:01 pm

I like crackers and milk too. Anything lemon I can eat anytime yummy. I am glad you enjoyed some fab memories after reading the post. Thank you sweet Sis for being a faithful follower and reader. Love and hugs. ❤

Comments are closed.