We Never Get Too Old To Learn

Some of the things I have learned lately are…

When a cup is upside down it doesn’t hold much.

No matter how long you leave the toaster oven plugged in it won’t make your coffee.

When you grab your shorts by the legs and pull up on them…those shorts don’t come down. (I have done this 3 times this week guess I haven’t really learned this yet.)

Make sure my shirt is right side out before putting it on.

Try to remember what I’m looking for so I can find it.

When you go to get a hammer and find the screwdriver you got out of the drawer does not hammer nails well.

That the car key will not open the door to the house.

The oven will not preheat if it is not turned on.

After a few minutes of talking to the cord and wondering why it would not connect to my laptop I learned that cords made for cameras do not work to charge laptops.

Have you learned anything new lately?

27 thoughts on “We Never Get Too Old To Learn

1. meowmeowmans 07/12/2017 / 9:47 pm

Those are some great lessons, Maggie. I’ve learned that Zoe the cat is pretty darned smart. When it’s time for her meds, she suddenly “disappears.” šŸ˜‰

2. Nylabluesmum 07/12/2017 / 2:37 pm

I always try to open apartment door with tow truck key…a DODGE truck key….I crack myself up! And I have learned that even when I plug the kettle in I have to press the ‘ON’ switch for the kettle to boil…….hahahaha!!!!
    And there is nothing funnier than inside out underwear šŸ˜‰
    {{{hugs}}} & love Sherri-Ellen

3. Sarah Ferguson and Choppy 07/12/2017 / 9:21 am

Left shoes should go on left feet, and right shoes should go on right feet! (Then again ,this is one that has plagued me my whole life – I don’t know what it is, but this one has plagued me since childhood. I guess it’s just going to be with me forever!)

• Mags 07/13/2017 / 10:03 am

I remember doing that as a child.

• Sarah Ferguson and Choppy 07/13/2017 / 5:12 pm

For whatever reason, it’s something so simple that I have to think about every single time I put on shoes.

4. elton 07/12/2017 / 12:54 am

Most important, remember to laugh at the silly things we do!

• Mags 07/12/2017 / 1:26 am

You are so right and I have laughed at myself many times with the silly things I do.

5. Brian 07/11/2017 / 7:34 pm

Too funny, but only cause they’re true!

• Mags 07/12/2017 / 1:29 am

I have always thought that no comedian can make up anything funnier than some of real life happenings.

6. Arkansas Patti 07/11/2017 / 12:49 pm

We can never say this time in our lives is boring. As long as we can laugh, all is good.

• Mags 07/12/2017 / 1:30 am

For sure and nothing makes one feel better than a good laugh no matter what brings it on.

7. Tamago 07/11/2017 / 11:23 am

LOL LOL I’ve learned some of them, too! I had to learn “try to remember what Iā€™m looking for so I can find it” so many times – now I write it down and take it with me šŸ™‚

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 12:17 pm

You are doing good…I would forget to write it down. LOL

8. Mary McNeil 07/11/2017 / 7:12 am

Probably. But I have forgotten what ! šŸ˜‰

9. Sandra 07/11/2017 / 6:42 am

ROFL this is hilarious because I can’t tell you how long my list of things I have learned, and some of them just like yours. I placed cheese on bread in toaster oven and tired of waiting to hear it ding went back and stared at it. I never pushed the start button… I open drawers to put mayo in and fridge to put spoons in… ageing is so much fun

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 11:59 am

LOL love it! It is great that we have these times to laugh about. So far I have been alright at getting things put in the fridge that belong there. My Shug was the one that kept us laughing on that one….I found fridge items in all kinds of places. lol

10. ianscyberspace 07/10/2017 / 11:53 pm

Oh my, what a frightening list! lol. I have a hard time getting to what was obviously my intended destination but forgetting what the reason was that sent me there.

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 12:00 pm

It is isn’t it and the list seems to be growing by the day. I have done that one too…aren’t the Golden Years great to bring us laughter?

11. martyb007 07/10/2017 / 9:36 pm

It seems the older I get the more weird stuff happens.
    I have not done what you have yet Maggie but other crazy stuff I won’t mention.

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 12:01 pm

I hope those things bring you laughter as mine has brought me.

12. chardixon47 07/10/2017 / 8:27 pm

Belly laugh here-LOL Oh, how I relate to this post, Sis šŸ™‚ I will be doing something and forget to do half of what needs doing! I even made coffee without the water-didn’t taste much šŸ˜‰ I could add more to the list, but I can’t remember it right now! Love you ā¤

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 12:03 pm

Sis, I laughed until tears were rolling about your waterless coffee that had to be the worst coffee you ever brewed. Love you ā¤

13. teelee2013 07/10/2017 / 8:07 pm

LOL….thanks for the chuckles. These ‘lessons’ are great!

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 12:04 pm

You are most welcome. I love knowing I have given someone a good laugh.

14. Julia 07/10/2017 / 7:51 pm

Hi Mags, wow, you’ve learned a lot and remembered it well enough to write it down, lol.
    Just the other day,I learned that I cant start my car with my house key. haha.

Thanks for sharing what you learned with us. I hope that you’re having a great summer.
    Hugs, Julia

• Mags 07/11/2017 / 12:05 pm

Those keys sure do play tricks with us don’t they? Funny thing is I thought I already knew all those things. LOL Summer is going very well. Hugs

Thank you for stopping by and if you took the time to let me know you were here it is greatly appreciated. Hugs

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s